A comprehensive eye health examination and vision check in our office takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
This period of time is needed to perform all the tests necessary to thoroughly assess your eyes and visual efficiency.
During your exam a health history will be taken. It is important for you to provide all information, regardless of how insignificant you might think it is.
Tests related to the following are are all part of a complete examination:
- Eye health
- Behavioural Opometry
- Children’s Vision
- Clearness of vision (Myopia, Hyperopia, Astigmatism)
- Colour vision
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Digital Eye Strain
- Focusing ability (Presbyopia)
- Visual Skills
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Macular degeneration
- RTA vision forms
- Suitability for refractive laser surgeryand other areas as appropriate for each individual.
Following the examination, we will carefully explain the results of your testing and discuss our recommendations regarding any needed preventive or remedial care.
During Your Eye Exam
An eye examination is a routine and pleasant experience. Some advice…
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or giving the wrong answer
- Don’t worry about your answers contradicting one another
- Don’t hesitate to say so if you are unable to answer some of the questions
- Don’t be alarmed if, for a few minutes during the examination, you find your vision getting worse instead of better.